If you’ve never invested in search engine optimization (SEO) and your website is more than a couple years old, chances are you have a lot of things that need to be fixed. While it is tempting to fix everything at once, rapidly implementing some elements of SEO at once can cause issues. Your website is one of your most important marketing assets you own, so it should always be handled with great care. Depending on the number of changes you need to make, you may want to think about rolling out your SEO efforts in stages.
Stage 1: SEO Site Analysis
Practically all our search engine optimization services begin with an SEO audit. It is imperative to conduct an SEO audit check to ensure your website has good, clean source code and is set up and working properly. We look for anything that might be considered deceptive or spam and ensure that there is nothing on the frontend or the backend of your website that may be causing issues with the search engines such as duplicate content, slow loading pages and broken links (among others).
Stage 2: SEO Keyword Research
Keyword research is where we utilize professional SEO tools to determine what the keywords or actual search terms are that searchers are using to find your website.
SEO keywords are carefully chosen based on:
- Search volume
- The number of competing pages
- How relevant they are to your products and services
- Targeting the proper keywords that searchers use to find your website will help bring better quality traffic to your website that are more likely to convert into customers.
Stage 3: Optimized Website Content
Optimizing your web page content is essential to ensure that the keywords you have chosen to target are properly supported on your website.
Some of the key areas of your website that we focus on to optimize for your targeted keyword phrases include:
- Page Source Code
- Internal Link Structure
- Meta Data
- Alt Tags (such as image alt tags)
- Page headings and sub-headings
- Text links
- Sitemap creation
- Body text content
During the website search engine optimization process we look at two options for optimizing body text content:
- Optimize your existing page content
- Or create new pages to further support your chosen keyword terms
Stage 4: Natural SEO Link Optimization Services
SEO link building services are designed to boost the credibility and link popularity of your website:
- Conducting an internal link analysis and site link check to improve your internal linking structure and optimize your existing text links
- Conducting an inbound link analysis to determine the quantity and quality of inbound links in your backlink profile
Upon determining the health of you internal link structure and backlink profile we can recommend new opportunities for natural links as well as assist with requesting removal of low quality backlinks.
Stage 5: Web Analytics Set Up
We believe and recommend that all online businesses implement a web analytics program into their search engine optimization strategies. The benefits of website analytics are far-reaching and allow you to:
- Monitor visitor traffic over time
- Understand what is motivating your visitors
- Monitor visitor activity on your website
- Monitor and measure conversions
- Adjust your web pages to increase visitor activity and conversions
- Ongoing Search Engine Optimization Benefits
Stage 6: Ongoing Search Engine Optimization
It’s imperative to ensure that the SEO work that has been implemented is monitored, maintained and improved upon to get the most return on investment (ROI) out of your SEO efforts.
As part of the SEO process and strategy, your Search Engine Optimization Consultant will run reports, monitor your web page listings and review the web analytics to ensure that your web pages are indeed indexed and ranked properly.
Any pages that have been dropped are re-submitted to the search engines. We also measure conversions, analyze the conversion data and make whatever adjustments are necessary to help push your web pages up the search engine listings.
Web page modifications may include adjustments to the internal linking structure, meta data, alt tags and web page content, among others.
If you’re interested in learning more about our search engine optimization services, call 614-285-7565. Contact Sigma Creative today!