At Sigma, we believe there’s always a better way for our clients to market themselves and do business online. Because of that belief, clients are eager to work with us, and we’re hiring a freelance web developer to join our team.
Freelance Front-End Developer
Our ideal candidate must be capable of building complete websites from Photoshop files, using the WordPress CMS. You must have produced at least seven high-quality, fully-customized WordPress websites in the past, and be familiar with and have experience writing and modifying plugins. Must be able to follow detailed direction, work cooperatively with team members, and possess excellent communication skills.
- Developing and maintaining WordPress/PHP/MySQL sites
- Creating custom Web applications and integrating third-party applications to further enhance client websites
- Responsible for analyzing assigned tasks and providing accurate work estimates to keep development on schedule
- Develop custom plugins for use within client websites
- Regular interaction with internal staff to develop, launch and test websites
- Creating code and system documentation
- Popular social networking APIs are a huge bonus.
- 2 years of PHP/WordPress experience, including building / maintenance / customizing
- A plus if you have experience with responsive design implementation and/or mobile app development
- Ability to work with existing themes and site designs
- Willingness to learn, contribute to the team and thirst for knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical possibilities and limitations to website strategist and designers
This is a “work from your location” type position. We are most productive and do some of our best thinking from the local coffee shop. This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects for clients across the country in an entrepreneurial and highly creative environment.
Please email a link to your LinkedIn profile, a portfolio or examples of your work, and salary history to email@example.com.
As a digital agency we are always on the look out for creative talent. We are constantly adding to our database of freelancers that are looking to collaborate on fun and challenging projects. So if you’re an SEO copywriter, graphic designer that focuses on brand identity, etc. we want to hear from you.
Please email a link to your LinkedIn profile, a portfolio or examples of your work, and hourly rate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sigma Creative
Sigma Creative is a digital agency and consulting firm based in Columbus, Ohio. Our goal is not just to deliver quality websites and applications for our clients — it’s to help them drive traffic, convert more leads and build a successful online presence.
Sigma Creative is an Equal Opportunity Employer